Out with the old and in with the new
Trading 1996 Cadillac STS for 2005 STS
Audio recordings of voice commands and Cadillac STS responses. Voice Command must have looked great on a window sticker in 2005,
but it does not work very well.
One must memorize the exact phrases the system expects, and I admit I did not do that.
Especially bad or funny responses are marked with an asterisk.
- Attempt to memorize driver settings. STS responds with temperature or display changes.
- Attempt to turn on voice guidance for navigation. I request "voice guidance on" and get 10 responses of "voice guidance off."
- Attempt to clear Points of Interest (POIs) from map display.
- Attempt to make a phone call.
The STS thinks I asked for help
- OK, maybe I'll ask for help.
* Fail: "Set Driver Exit." Arghh.
- Request to put windows up. It works but giving the command and confirming takes 15 seconds. Why bother?
2005 STS Ordering Guide and RPO Codes
Download this PDF of the 2005 Cadillac STS ordering guide to decipher the RPO codes for your car.
2006 and 2007 model years were very similar. Things changed a lot in 2008.
This document will also help used car shoppers determine which options were available in which option packages.
The RPO codes can be found on a sticker under the spare tire cover that looks like this.